Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday, 4 October 2006

Today we had a chance to hear more about the overall cooperative movement from Andrew McLeod from the NW cooperative Development Center... Then we went to the Harvest Festival... I was there until about 5 PM... I had a chance to talk to several members and booth operators. I asked them several questions about how long they had been members and what they thought of it... Plus questions about growth and alternative benefits to just food... It was very positive and it gave me some insight into some potential ways that we might be able to help.

In addition I was able to make a few business contacts, as a business man and if things go right, we will probably be speaking with Andrew more at length on ways to solve a couple of problems that he was wondering how to solve, until we talked, that could potentially be very helpful to not only peoples but also other cooperatives... I'm pretty excited about doing something that benefits a lot of people.

Did more reading today as well... so I spent perhaps 3 and half hours outside of class, talking, researching, studying and reading... not including the 2 hours I spent late last night and early this morning finishing or at least working on Assignment One...

Things I've learned... I need to mark pages better, for reference to questions that we may need to answer and leave examples of for our assignments... I just realized that I did not email our Instructor (Pedro) yet... and I'm so tired from reading in all my classes that I'm unable to actually finish in more detail the other questions tonight... but I'll get more answers completed later as I read or just do better on the next assignment....