Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday, 1 October 2006

Wow, today I spent about 7 hours reading... on both books. Omnivores Dilemma really sickened me... although some of the stuff I already knew, it put it into a nice organized fashion with a bow on top about how bad it really is... made me not want to eat processed food ever again. Although as even the author, Michael Polllan said, Time will pass and eventually the memory will fade and I'll once again eat some things that I know right now, I shouldn't. I've been trying to eat more organic and fresh foods anyway, because of health reasons and because I really, really like the taste.

What's interesting is over where I live in Beaverton, less than 5 minutes away, a New Seasons just opened up and I had never been to one before. Well, my business partner and I fell in love with the restaurant portion, because it is pretty much the same prices as buying food anywhere else, yet it is so much healthier and tastier. Now we go between 3 and 5 days a week. Haven't been out to another restaurant since... and we are not spending any more money doing it... so many choices....

Anyway, I could not believe some of the government stupidity, well, not true I could believe it, yet it was still shocking... The USDA really pisses me off... but anyway...